[MPlayer-dev-eng] New gmplayer options?

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jan 5 11:19:34 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 12:26:05AM +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> compn wrote on Fri, 24 Dec 2010 17:41:13 -0500:
>
> > a. remove gui
> > b. remove gui hacks and add new slave options to give any frontends the
> > same powers as gmplayer
> > c. keep gui, do plan b and make gmplayer use those new slave options
> > instead.
> > d. keep gui until something breaks and then we can rm -rf gui/.
> > e. remove gui and slave mode and change mplayer into a library.
>
> Being new to mplayer, I don't know yet what the gui hacks are.

grep for CONFIG_GUI, all of these special cases for the GUI in the
normal MPlayer code should go away.

The whole code below gui/ is quite hackish, ugly and generates a lot
of warnings...

> I wouldn't mind gmplayer not being part of mplayer, but I'd like to
> preserve a simple but powerful gtk-only based gui like this.

I really wonder if gmplayer is the best base for that and if there is a
point in keeping gmplayer inside the source tree of MPlayer.

Diego