[MPlayer-dev-eng] New gmplayer options?

Ingo Br ückl ib at wupperonline.de
Wed Jan 5 11:54:27 CET 2011

Diego Biurrun wrote on Wed, 05 Jan 2011 11:19:34 +0100:

> grep for CONFIG_GUI, all of these special cases for the GUI in the
> normal MPlayer code should go away.

Thanks a lot. I'll have a look.

>> I wouldn't mind gmplayer not being part of mplayer, but I'd like to
>> preserve a simple but powerful gtk-only based gui like this.

> I really wonder if gmplayer is the best base for that and if there is a
> point in keeping gmplayer inside the source tree of MPlayer.

My first goal is to entirely understand how gmplayer works with / is
integrated into MPlayer and to improve it a little bit by doing this.

The question really is whether it is worth putting effort into gmplayer or
into slave options (currently don't know anything about these) for other
GUIs. (I'd like to have a look at gnome-mplayer if Kevin could make it
compile without dbus or other dependencies.)

If there is an equivalent or better simple, gtk-only GUI, gmplayer can go.
If not, it might be removed from the MPlayer source tree but stay as one of
several GUIs.

Ingo