[MPlayer-dev-eng] the great reformatting

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Feb 15 21:24:34 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 09:11:15PM +0100, Clément Bœsch wrote:

> > > I totally agree with this, but we should follow K&R.
> >
> > I have seen absolutely no code that does this, so I very much
> > disagree here.
>
> Disagree with what? I personally defend the no-space opinion for the same
> reason given above, but if so, it's an exception to K&R and should be
> written in the coding style rules.

I disagree with using that style with an extra space.
I am not against mentioning it, however
1) I doubt enough people know K&R is such detail that it really matters
2) Hopefully we can just say "look at almost any file, and if in doubt
   run uncrustify and you will see how it (probably) should look".
   We don't really want to bore people with a 50 page coding-style
   manual, people might feel reminded of EULAs and respond badly :-)