[MPlayer-dev-eng] gmane search not working properly

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Feb 14 18:23:30 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:54:37 +0100, Jarek Czekalski wrote:
>I made a post titled "print interlacing info on decode". It's in the archive
>
>http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2010-September/066235.html
>
>Searching on gmane
>
>http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel
>
>by words "print interlacing info on decode" gives only some other 8 posts.
>
>What's wrong?

ask gmane.

>If I try to find my posts (by author: jarek) I see only 2 of them, I
>made several more.
>
>IMO correctly working search is essential. To avoid repeating questions
>for example. Currently I wanted to show a fellow who asks, that I
>resolved his problem already, but I have difficulties finding these posts.

welp , you can try google (not gmane) for site:lists.mplayerhq.hu
"print interlacing info on decode" . that only gets you a post which
your thread is linked in. at the bottom of gmane page it says gmane
search powered by Xapian. maybe its a xapian problem?

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/57571

also google for site:lists.mplayerhq.hu "jarekczek at poczta.onet.pl"

not very good results either.

good luck.