[MPlayer-dev-eng] vbr mp3 runtime

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Mon Aug 29 01:52:15 CEST 2011

(Topic moved from MPlayer-users)

Reimar Döffinger wrote on Sat, 27 Aug 2011 21:21:46 +0200:

> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 08:23:44PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> MPlayer isn't good at determining vbr(?) mp3 runtimes. While ffprobe shows
>> the correct time, MPlayer gives far too long runtime information.
>>
>> What might be the problem?

> MPlayer does not parse VBR headers containing the bitrate information.

Would a patch like this have a chance? (mp3_vbr_frames() is currently only a
feasibility study, reading the VBR header at a fixed position.) Before I
waste possibly more time by completing mp3_vbr_frames() and looking for VBRI
as well, I'd like to see what you say about this approach.

Seems to work just fine.

Ingo