[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI and vo_x11_create_vo_window()

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 22:28:10 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:07:13PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote on Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:09:43 +0200:
> > Also, why not just set the already available global fullscreen variable?
>
> If I get it right that would be default for every (new) window, while the
> GUI else could start the next window (in a playlist) depending on the current
> state of the user's fullscreen button.

I don't manage to make sense of this.
If you change it values the changed value applies to any following
videos.
However you really shouldn't use it to mean fullscreen at all, because
with -wid there is no fullscreen, the concept makes no sense.
When -wid is used, it means "use aspect scaling" and nothing else.

> > Well, the idea was to have a windowed_aspect_scaling option or some such
> > and then having the function return vo_fs || windowed_aspect_scaling;
> > There is no reason really why the aspect scaling/border adding should be
> > directly related to fullscreen.
>
> Yes, that's right.
>
> Do you mean by "windowed_aspect_scaling option" a m_option_t option? If yes,
> I could try to prepare a patch proposal.

Yes, though for your use case the point would be to have a global
variable with less annoying usage and semantics than the "fullscreen"
one.
And it probably should be accessed/modified from the gui via
get_property/set_property, since to do it properly the vo needs to be
notified when it is changed.