[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI and vo_x11_create_vo_window()

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 21:09:43 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 08:39:16PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote on Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:08:16 +0200:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 05:38:37PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> >> Which one is prefered?
>
> > Neither.
>
> Too bad. I don't want to argue, but I thought at least #1 would be a clean
> solution as vo_x11_create_vo_window() seems to be prepared to receive a
> VOFLAG_FULLSCREEN flag, so why can't the GUI set it within its window
> preparation, in an intentional gui() call?

Hm, actually that might be acceptable.
It is still a bit of a hack though.
Also, why not just set the already available global fullscreen variable?
This is also what other GUIs who want MPlayer to do aspect scaling are
supposed to do (use the -fs flag).

> > It just needs to be hooked up to do something more intelligent than
> > just returning vo_fs.
>
> What do you mean by "hooked up"? The function's just returning vo_fs was
> the reason for my suggestions

Well, the idea was to have a windowed_aspect_scaling option or some such
and then having the function return vo_fs || windowed_aspect_scaling;
There is no reason really why the aspect scaling/border adding should be
directly related to fullscreen.

Reimar