[MPlayer-dev-eng] Screen Area -vs- Video Area

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Aug 16 21:08:08 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 08:45:43PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 08:24:56PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > As for the other issue: vo_draw_text_ext was introduced to solve this,
> > vo_update_nav is supposed to take care of the necessary scaling and
> > translating.
>
> That case is actually working correctly, so you probably mean the
> image-style overlays.
> vo_update_spudec_sub handles that, and the scaling is working.
> It just needs to also move stuff around according to the borders.

If you want to work on it:
spudec_calc_bbox and spudec_draw_scaled need changes.
You will want to remove the code duplication between these for
calculation the start offset first.
You also should take care not to break the spu_alignment feature.
Better have menus working correctly only with some values of it than
breaking it. Of course everything working would be best.
pan-scan is quite useful for testing I think, since you can in real-time
try things like "if the border becomes smaller, does stuff move in the
right direction?".