[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Apr 14 15:47:50 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:24:28 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Iam CC-ing this to mplayer-mirror because the people there should
> read this thread on mplayer-dev-eng
>
> natsuki will be shut down on monday, it seems the roots of mphq try to
> drag mplayer into the libav-ffmpeg war. maybe mplayer using ffmpeg
> by default instead of libav was the cause or maybe its something
> else dunno

Dear Michael,

This is now going too far. What you are doing here is not only to
blemish me, it's pure defamation, which is illegal.
Especially as you yourself threatened me with legal action, which caused
me to stop providing the hosting for MPlayer. Hence it was you who dragged
MPlayer into this, not anyone else.

I'd like to ask you politely to stop this, or i will contact my lawyer
and discuss whether it is possible to take any legal action against you.

Sincerely

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin