[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Apr 14 17:01:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 03:47:50PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:24:28 +0200
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > Iam CC-ing this to mplayer-mirror because the people there should
> > read this thread on mplayer-dev-eng
> >
> > natsuki will be shut down on monday, it seems the roots of mphq try to
> > drag mplayer into the libav-ffmpeg war. maybe mplayer using ffmpeg
> > by default instead of libav was the cause or maybe its something
> > else dunno
>
> Dear Michael,
>
> This is now going too far. What you are doing here is not only to
> blemish me, it's pure defamation, which is illegal.

Your repeated claim that i legally threatened you is not only to
blemish me, it's pure defamation
I multiple times told you there was and is no legal threat from me
to anyone. Iam a geek and computer programmer ive no interrest in
sueing anyone.
I did send you a poorly worded and abasive mail, i appologized for that
on IRC. I clarified on IRC and the ML that there is and was no legal
threat from me.
I appologize again here, iam sorry that i hurt you attila!
I offered to resign from mplayer, i offered to pay the quite expensive
shipping costs for the server.

> Especially as you yourself threatened me with legal action, which caused
> me to stop providing the hosting for MPlayer. Hence it was you who dragged
> MPlayer into this, not anyone else.

this is defamation and a lie
I repeated many times that there is no legal threat from me. You
shuting down mplayerhq is your personal decission. And noone elses.
And you stated in public long before "that" mail that you want to
stop being mphq admin

I also offer to write on paper that i will not sue you and not
involve lawyers or court and sign this and send to you.
Completely unconditional, no conditions, nothing needed from your
side.

I also withdraw any and all requests i made to you, keep the redirects
up if you like. I wont say they arent a scam but I do not want
natsuki to be shutdown because of this.

If you still shut natsuki down this is your decission not anything
i caused.

> I'd like to ask you politely to stop this, or i will contact my lawyer
> and discuss whether it is possible to take any legal action against you.

Now i should go and shutdown ffmpeg.org. Thats worlds more threatening
than anything i wrote

[...]

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope