[MPlayer-dev-eng] [FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] roots duties and rights

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Oct 11 15:32:44 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 03:11:46PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 10/11/2010 02:49 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> I think that is a bit off topic in this thread
>
> Put in another way, being that the list of duties I'm going to resign

its a request for comments, where people can suggest changes. And its primarely
intended for the roots managing svn/git/MLs alot of that doesnt make sense to
roundup.
Besides attila who is root personally asked me to write this list.

> maintaining our roundup. The Leader shouldn't order around people nor
> have demigod powers (see why I had been really offended by the
> boss/employees analogy on -cvs).

and iam offended by you and others vaguly pointing toward me abusing power
but every time i ask about details people running away and not awnsering.
So what did i do wrong?
Or what in that RFC list is inappropriate, you know this is a RFC that can be
changed.

[...]
>> not to mention you must have written your list below in a few minutes given
>> the quickness of your reply i dont think thats really such a great idea, i
>> spent a day on my list about root.
>
> My list is quite simple and had been around since the first outbreak of
> insanity had me consider the topic. It is largely a summary of the
> Gentoo policy w/out the code of conduct and other frills.

its also largely what we did since years in the projects. So where is the
problem this suggestion would correct?
(i see some quite severe ambiguities in that suggestion)

[...]

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf