[MPlayer-dev-eng] Subtitles modules

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Tue Nov 30 23:04:14 CET 2010

Le decadi 10 frimaire, an CCXIX, Clément Bœsch a écrit :
> Indeed I saw the integration of ASS and SubRip in FFmpeg, but I only saw
> ASS and SubRip as muxed subtitles, so are you sure FFmpeg developers would
> accept support for external subtitles format such as JacoSub or SAMI?

I just tested with a version a few weeks old: ffmpeg -i foo.ass -scodec
copy bar.ass copies the ASS stream from one file to another. This is mostly
an identical copy, apart from possibly a few blank lines. The same works for
srt.

So at the very least, lavf can be used to parse the text data of ASS and
SRT, and there is no fundamental objection in ffmpeg for stand-alone text
subtitles formats.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George