[MPlayer-dev-eng] Blu-ray m2ts PGS subtitle port from ffmpeg: call for developers

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Fri May 21 21:18:02 CEST 2010

On Fri, 21 May 2010 20:48:46 +0300
Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:

> The FFmpeg code is not complete. It's missing important parts needed at
> least to parse timing information (IIRC ffplay shows the subtitles with
> completely arbitrary end times that have nothing to do with the correct
> timing information). So using the current FFmpeg decoder is not enough
> to parse the subtitle packets.
>
> In addition to decoding the subtitles, a rendering implementation is
> also needed. The test code I wrote earlier supports vo_vdpau only (since
> that was the easiest to implement rendering for). That code would need
> some changes before I could publish it even for testing purposes.

	I undertand Uoti.

	And what about Xine's code? It shows correctly PGS subtitles.
Would it be useful to implement (port) what's missing on ffmpeg or
mplayer? I mean, at least the hard work, since of course it would not
be possible to just use the same code Xine uses (or even VLC's code).

	Thanks again.

--
Linux 2.6.33: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity