[MPlayer-dev-eng] New filter - 3d checkboard maker

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Jun 20 11:22:22 CEST 2010

Le duodi 2 messidor, an CCXVIII, KrzysiekSX a écrit :
> I'm programmer, but i don't know assembler and mplayer
> interface/structures/classes, this filter is based on other vf* classes
> code,

I am pretty sure that is exactly how a lot of contributors outside the code
mplayer team proceed.

> Attachment to this file includes all modified files (i was modifying
> 10.06.2010 mplayer snapshot ), it only needs to unzip and make.

The developers who may review and approve your code expect you to submit it
as a patch, which is a text file that shows exactly what lines of what files
were changed. As mplayer is handled with a revision control system, getting
a patch is pretty easy:

You make sure you use the checkout snapshot and not the export snapshot (you
need the one with the .svn directories). If you added files that were not in
the original, you type "svn add these files". And to get the patch itself,
you type "svn diff > some-file-name.diff". You just have to attach the .diff
file as a text file.

Using the SVN checkout will also make it easier for you to keep your changes
updated when mplayer changes.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George