[MPlayer-dev-eng] New filter - 3d checkboard maker

KrzysiekSX krzysieksx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 10:39:14 CEST 2010

Welcome!
Few days ago i was in need to display 3d movie using my plasma tv.
Unfortunatelly i wasn't able to find quickly suitable software for
linux, so i've used /Stereoscopic Player / for windows.
It is slow with my machine, so i decided to modify mplayer and add new
filter for displaying files with stereo content.
I'm programmer, but i don't know assembler and mplayer
interface/structures/classes, this filter is based on other vf* classes
code, so if you want, you can rewrite it completly, add other features,
include it in bigger project, and make right what i've done wrong :)

General idea is to split two images existing in one frame into one image
with pixels sorted as checkboard:

   source:      destination:
LLLLRRRR    LRLRLRLR
LLLLRRRR    RLRLRLRL
LLLLRRRR    LRLRLRLR
LLLLRRRR    RLRLRLRL

Attachment to this file includes all modified files (i was modifying
10.06.2010 mplayer snapshot ), it only needs to unzip and make.

Usage:
my filter is -vf filter, so you can insert it between other filters,
only requirement is that picture format must be rgb24 or rgb32, should
also work with bgr24 or bgr32 (but i've no idea how to test this, so it
is disabled ;) it is not working with yuv formats, becouse i've no idea
how to split pixel by pixel with all channels

full example:  (works great with my dualhead nvidia fx5500, i'm using
display 0.1 as tv output)
mplayer -vf scale=1024:-2,3dcb=1 -vo x11 file.avi

parameter for 3dcb mean:
1 - source is L/R
2 - source is R/L
3 - source is U/D
4 - source is D/U

L/R - images side by side, image for left eye on left side of movie, for
right eye on right side of movie, R/L - swapped left and right eye picures
U/D - image for left eye on upper half of movie, for right eye on lower
half of movie,D/U - swapped

your sincerly Krzysiek