[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH: EDL extentions

Vlad Seryakov vseryakov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 05:10:38 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am working on a system that allows tagging video files with scenes and media box will use it and skip scenes depending on user options.
While researching i discovered mplayer's support for EDL records and after playing with it i found out that this is perfect player for our system.
But to make sure the skipping content is hidden especially if we get into sensitive ara making scenes for kids for example, i tried to improve EDL support a little.
The result is the following:

- All original functionality is preserved
- When making a seek, jumping back/forward and resulting position ends up inside any scene, it gets kicked out immediately, depending on the direction, to the end or beginning of the scene
- Just after the seek and before any valid PTS is received, video flipping is disabled but only when EDL records are used, without EDL everything runs as before

I hope these changes will be helpful for everybody who is interested in EDL functionality.

The attache dpath is against SVN rev 31437.

Thanks