[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Some modest proposals

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sat Jun 12 14:34:05 CEST 2010

On 06/12/2010 01:05 PM, compn wrote:
> i dont remember any programmers complaining about mplayer's huge amount
> of code or its complexity or its being hosted on svn. does someone
> have examples of (possible) developers who refused to work
> on mplayer due to these reasons?

I do have issues with svn and I noticed during the linuxtag how easy is
to messup because the code isn't even mud-clear, let alone crystal-clear.

> its like saying the linux kernel is huge and complex and should be
> split into a bunch of parts. most developers just work on some
> submodule and can safely ignore the other 99% of code.

You are telling exactly how linux is managed nowadays =)

> did uoti's git repo gain a ton of new developers for being on git?

I don't know.

> not that i truely care one way or the other. i just think some reasons
> are being blown up. i mean if you want to switch to git because you
> like it more, thats a better reason to me.

As I said I was wondering why MPlayer is less fun to hack and those are
my reasons.

lu

--

Luca Barbato