[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Some modest proposals

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jun 12 14:14:45 CEST 2010

Luca Barbato <lu_zero <at> gentoo.org> writes:

[...]

> - remove the cruft (including the private forks of libraries we
> currently have)

1. I would like that we agree on "cruft" before you remove it.

2. external libraries:
As explained before, our faad fork allows LATM decoding, that is _currently_ not
possible with external faad and ffaac.
There are similar issues with other libraries afaik.
(I am not sure why we have a manually updated copy of librtmp, but I may miss
something here.)

> - reformat every line of code to match ffmpeg coding style.

+1

> - switch to git in a way or another and put official mirrors on github
> and gitorious (so we might get more people involved)

I just asked Luca in person what advantage exactly completely moving to git
would have - afaiu, the outcome was that an official git mirror (on mplayerhq)
would have (mostly?) the same effect.

Måns is right now setting up a mirror for MPlayer on git.mplayerhq.hu.

Carl Eugen