[MPlayer-dev-eng] gl_common, vo_gl relicensing...

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jun 6 16:17:22 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 03:49:35PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> afair i did some work on these, at least i wrote the original vo_gl.c

Yes, I just think there's none of that original code left,
while it was never my intention I think it most/all was rewritten
from scratch at some point :-).

> (gl_common was later factrized out of it by someone else).
> of course i support changing the license to LGPL.

But it's very good to have your ok, then we don't have to rely
on my opinion on this :-)
And by the svn log you are the only other person besides me
doing any significant work on vo_gl.
gl_common is 100% by me (though admittedly small parts are to some
degree based on vo_gl code), and I've already in the past given
others permission to take specific parts under a different
license (there were some plans to reuse shader code in X11,
no idea if they ever did that though).

> i dont remember who made vo_gl2, it was made to support limited
> texture size cards, maybe 3dfx or some old ati/nvidia...

Well, I'd consider all to fall in that category, not everyone is
happy with max. 2048x2048, which is still the max texture size which
most cards are currently stuck at.
Compared to gl, there is a significant amount of code by various copyright
holders in gl2, and the code is feature-wise so far behind -vo gl that I
don't consider it worth trying to relicense from my side, though I wouldn't
mind it.

Reimar