[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Jul 29 20:59:24 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:46:39PM -0600, Steve Dibb wrote:
> Also, don't forget about -subcc.  There's another one you can throw
> in the mix with VOBs and subtitle handling that, in general, could
> use some cleanup.  I could go over all the possiblities of options
> as it is right now, if you'd like.  Closed Captioning playback could
> benefit from some fixed functionality as well.

I fear CC will have to remain at least somewhat out of scope.
I was not able to find any specification that has a significant
similarity to our code.
In part I guess that is because our code seems to be very broken,
but I also suspect that as with DVB teletext the specifications
"forgot" to mention half of the steps necessary.