[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Steve Dibb beandog at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 29 20:46:39 CEST 2010

On 07/29/2010 11:18 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> That's a strange place to put that reply. As said in the part quoted before,
> the default behaviour just "happened" to change.
> It should not be hard to change the behaviour, just the interaction between
> -nosub, -sid -1 and -slang is a bit tricky.

If I could make a suggestion, why not make -slang <lang> select only
select subtitle streams that match that language code, skipping over the
rest?

How it works now, if I do mplayer -slang en it'll select english by
default, but if I hit 'j', it'll just use the english one as the
starting index of toggling through the other subtitle streams.

Also, don't forget about -subcc.  There's another one you can throw in
the mix with VOBs and subtitle handling that, in general, could use some
cleanup.  I could go over all the possiblities of options as it is right
now, if you'd like.  Closed Captioning playback could benefit from some
fixed functionality as well.

Steve