[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Jul 29 18:25:43 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 03:38:40PM +0200, Alexander Roalter wrote:
> I'm not sure it has to do with this special thread, but when I play a
> dumped DVD (vob), mplayer now automatically shows a subtitle.
> I have some vague memory that the default demuxer was changed lately (to
> lavf?) and while previously I had to specify -sid 0 to have subtitles
> and being able to switch them later with 'j', omitting -sid did disable
> subtitles, so pressing 'j' during the movie did nothing.

The demuxer was not changed. The behaviour was changed since -nosub is
now available. If preferred, I have no objections to make this default
(and -sid -1 then enabling autoselection of first subtitle).

> What is wrong IMHO is that the initial state is not subtitle disabled,
> but some subtitle is already selected, after which there follows subtitle 0.

Yes, that is a bit strange. I suspect it shouldn't be hard to fix, it's
just a matter of finding the place where it goes wrong.
However I don't think this is particularly important?