[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Thu Jul 29 18:46:14 CEST 2010

On 29.07.2010 18:25, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 03:38:40PM +0200, Alexander Roalter wrote:
>> I'm not sure it has to do with this special thread, but when I play a
>> dumped DVD (vob), mplayer now automatically shows a subtitle.
>> I have some vague memory that the default demuxer was changed lately (to
>> lavf?) and while previously I had to specify -sid 0 to have subtitles
>> and being able to switch them later with 'j', omitting -sid did disable
>> subtitles, so pressing 'j' during the movie did nothing.
>
> The demuxer was not changed. The behaviour was changed since -nosub is
> now available. If preferred, I have no objections to make this default
> (and -sid -1 then enabling autoselection of first subtitle).

So should the current code select already the first subtitle? And
pressing 'j' should then switch to the second? Would that be the
intended behavior?

>> What is wrong IMHO is that the initial state is not subtitle disabled,
>> but some subtitle is already selected, after which there follows subtitle 0.
>
> Yes, that is a bit strange. I suspect it shouldn't be hard to fix, it's
> just a matter of finding the place where it goes wrong.
> However I don't think this is particularly important?

I'm not sure what should be the default behavior: If I play a video with
subtitles in it, should I have to specify -nosub to not have them appear?

--
cheers,
Alex