[MPlayer-dev-eng] what happened to the blu-ray support

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sat Jul 3 02:17:50 CEST 2010

On 07/03/2010 01:51 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Ok, since your appreciation for that kind of thing is so high,
> here is a "working" patch for PGS.
> Now find someone to clean it up properly, after all I have done the
> "useful feature" part.
> (No, this is not even very, very remotely ok for SVN, as anyone trying
> to use it will probably notice before the end of the movie, among
> more "philosophical" things).
> And yes, it also needs -demuxer lavf.

It actually works, I never saw blu-ray subtitles before, and they appear
to have alpha blending and anti aliasing... at least the look a lot
better than normal DVD subtitles.

There is though some graphical debris at the right end of almost each
subtitle line, but I cannot make out a clear pattern there.

with lavf as demuxer, I get also uncompressed PCM sound, which is nice,
and the default demuxer doesn't show, but mplayer breaks on seeking with
lavf, if I do the seeking from start on. When I go somewhere into the
movie,  seeking works, though (haven't investigated a lot in this
matter) it doesn't seem to seek to keyframes. so it takes ~1sec for the
image to clear.

so this is more about lavf as demuxer:

playing the bd from start and then seeking with arrow keys: I get:

VO: [xv] 1920x1080 => 1920x1080 Planar YV12
A:  12.9 V:   0.0 A-V: 12.931 ct:  0.100   0/  0 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0

Exiting... (End of file)

playing with -ss 0:0 I get the same
playing with -ss 0:1, I can seek as I'm happy to...

Return value is in all cases 0, even gdb gives: "Program exited normally".

--
Cheers,
Alex