[MPlayer-dev-eng] ivtv cvidix support was removed in configure-script

Martin Dauskardt martin.dauskardt at gmx.de
Tue Jan 5 08:34:07 CET 2010

Am Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010 00:44:10 schrieb Diego Biurrun:
> On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 01:29:49PM +0100, Martin Dauskardt wrote:
> > Unfortunately I oversaw this posting from Diego from July 2009:
> > http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cvslog/2009-July/037269.html
> >
> > which reverted my previous change:
> >
> > http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2009-July/061870.html
>
> Are you sure these links are correct?  I'm highly confused.
>
> Diego

Sorry Diego,

it was Attila who had the compile problems.

I refer to your workaround
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cvslog/2009-July/037273.html

This disabled building the ivtv cvidix driver by default, and so it is not
included in any distribution.

Maybe it is sufficient to change the includes in ivtv_vid.c from

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,22)
#include <linux/videodev2.h>
#endif
#include <linux/ivtv.h>

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,22)
#include <linux/videodev2.h>
#endif
#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,24)
#include <linux/ivtv.h>
#endif

But I think this would also break compilation if ivtv.h is not included. But
the same would happen if videodev2.h is not present.

And I am not happy with the check for  LINUX_VERSION_CODE.
One can have old include files (Debian Sarge has files from 2.6.18) but
already updated to a newer kernel. Installing a new kernel package doesn't
change the include files in /usr/include/linux.

Greets,
Martin