[MPlayer-dev-eng] [ass] fix font aspect for anamorphic video

Grigori Goronzy greg at chown.ath.cx
Tue Feb 9 18:36:04 CET 2010

On 02/09/2010 05:34 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> The first one allows building against old fontconfig.
> That's mostly because there still seem to be people around with
> the old version, and losing support for embedded fonts just seems
> not that critical to me.

In my opinion people should simply update fontconfig. The minimum
version required, 2.4.2, is over three years old and even severly
outdated and now unsupported Debian oldstable does have the required
version.

The documentation should be updated of course, noted. IIRC MPlayer does
not check fontconfig version, maybe that should be changed.

> For the second one, my understanding is that recalculating render_priv->font_scale
> is pointless if you don't also reconfigure.
> At least it fixes MPlayer's strange behaviour that you get different font sizes
> depending on whether you first load the subtitle and then set the font size
> or the other way round.

Sorry, I don't really understand. The functions to set font scale and
aspect ratio already call reconfigure if something changes, there should
be no need to do this again later.
Nonetheless I tried to reproduce this with slave mode, but couldn't see
any problems.

Grigori