[MPlayer-dev-eng] [TEST-REQUEST] let window manager do placing by default

Sebastian Krämer mail at kraymer.de
Wed Feb 3 20:16:42 CET 2010

On 02/02/2010 11:14 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> I could need a lot of people to do some intensive testing with lots of
> different window managers.

I tested with openbox-3.4.10.

> - -vo gl, -vo x11, -vo xv, -vo sdl and whatever else you can test should all
>    behave in the same way.

>From a quick test my impression was that the unpatched mplayer always
opened the video window centered, while the patched version placed the
window randomly, sometimes parts of the window were off screen.
The -geometry option "fixed" that in that the window was centered in
both patched and unpatched mplayer.
Using "-xineramascreen 0" gave me the same results (I don't really use
xinerama, there is only one screen).

I hope that helped. If needed, I could test with xfce's xfwm4 too.

Sebastian