[MPlayer-dev-eng] DxVA in MPlayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Dec 8 08:20:14 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 11:00:37PM +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> So, any objections to my already work in progress on the new renderer
> (Custom EVR)? Once it is ready, I will go forward to H264 support
> through DxVA 2 (the original plan).

At least try to push some of the code you need for that into FFmpeg.
I would have sever objections if we had hundreds of lines of code
identical to VLC, MPC and other players but still had to maintain
them all by ourselves.
Maybe it's not that much code required for it, but still the point
is that I don't like code in MPlayer that is of general use.