[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Aug 6 01:20:23 CEST 2010

On 08/02/2010 06:29 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 05:40:05PM +0200, Alexander Roalter wrote:
>>
>> Is this rc4 somewhere available? I'd like to see if this versions has
>> the same few DVD problems I observed as of late, i.e.
>
> svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/branches/1.0rc4
>
> Diego

Ok, DVD playback is as expected with a bit jerky motion around chapter
breaks (with -cache it seems to be better, but then seeking to chapters
(@, !) does seek to the chapter, but pressing forward again seeks from
the last known position before the chapter seek, e.g. if i started
playing at 0:10:00, press @ to get to the next chapter at 15:00, then
press @ to get to the next chapter at 20:00, then press -> to get 10
seconds forward, I'm at 0:10:10. With -nocache, this does not occur, but
seeking is correct.

If I play a dumped vob, everything is ok (no subtitles appear if I don't
specify them), with current SVN mplayer I get, even if I haven't
specified any, still the first appearing subtitle. On DVDs not, only on
VOBs from the hard disk.

--
Cheers,
Alex