[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] skipframes option (startframe extended)

Axel axel at james-b.ch
Fri Sep 4 21:35:30 CEST 2009

Hello,

I sent you a month ago my patch about the startframe option (03 August
2009). I have continued to developpe this idea and I bring you now a
feature to skip any frame you want by range choice. I think the parsing
code (for the -skipframes option) isn't very nice but It's functional at
the moment. You can fully use it. Take a look at my old patch and his
description. To sum up I use the skipping function of EDL and it works
perfectly for the video but the audio is still skipped a few seconds (so
you can hear the sound for less than a second before the skip).

The patch has been tested on my PC (Gentoo Linux) with the snapshot of
2009-09-01. I hope it'll be useful to someone. I hope you will integrate
this kind of feature (or my code directly) because it's very useful and
powerful IMO.

Axel "Jamesb" ANGEL.