[MPlayer-dev-eng] vdpau codec priority?

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Sep 2 16:04:26 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 15:39 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Anyway I'm not interested in endless discussions, I only wanted to say
> that from my point of view the FFmpeg end must be fixed first,
> everything else is just hacking around with probably little effect and
> more effort.

I don't see how FFmpeg changes would be all that helpful. So what if you
do VDPAU usage negotiation at the colorspace level instead of the
decoder level? Could you somehow avoid cases like "we selected a VDPAU
colorspace but it turns out it doesn't actually work, need to go back
and try something different"? If you can't then implementing the needed
retry and fallback mechanisms at colorspace level could well be more
work than using the existing decoder-level fallbacks.