[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bug #1028

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Oct 15 22:51:28 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:19:10PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Is Bug #1028[1] still an open issue? I tried the file[2] in question,
> but couldnt see any problems.

No idea.

> Also, is the patch in the last comment in the report ok and can
> it be commited?

Not really, dr should work fine with all IPB-type codecs (in particular
at most two reference frames must be kept at any time).
ROQ and INTERPLAYVIDEO are there because while they only need two reference
frames, they need the previous two ones instead of the previous and the following
one.
However they all should be possible to support by using MP_IMGTYPE_NUMBERED like
for the XVMC and VDPAU cases in vd_ffmpeg.c:get_buffer