[MPlayer-dev-eng] willing to pay for RTMP support

Sander Plas sander at seeas.nl
Tue Nov 17 15:46:25 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm from Seeas, the company behind Moodio (www.moodio.fm), a free
service that transcodes online radio streams to a format that can be
played back on most cell phones. We use MPlayer to decode source streams
(shoutcast, windows media, real, etc.) to PCM.

We currently see that a lot of radio stations are switching to RTMP
streaming. Unfortunately, MPlayer does not support RTMP at all at this
moment. I have seen a few open source implementations of RTMP (ffmpeg,
vlc, flvstreamer, xbmc) but none of them seems to work reliably on live
audio streams. Since Adobe published the RTMP specs, we think it should
be possible to write a fully working implementation.

We are looking for a developer that can add RTMP support to MPlayer in
such a way that at least RTMP radio stations can be played back without
problems. Our goal is to get this added to the main MPlayer project, not
to create some kind of 'fork' for ourselves.

We will pay for the development. If you are interested, please contact
me via e-mail.

thanks

Sander / Moodio / Seeas