[MPlayer-dev-eng] fixed-vo in VDPAU

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Thu Nov 5 10:13:30 CET 2009

On 2009-11-04 at 10:21 +0100 Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > I think, if you specify a position (or alignment with a side of the
> > screen) or a size, on the command line (or config file) mplayer should
> > start by positioning window and size as specified. If no position is
> > specified - window manager should position window. If no size is
> > specified - movie native size should be used.
>
> That would lose the current behaviour of making the window appear
> centered though.

Yes, but you could request that old behaviour on command line.
I think it is very annoying. I have many times had mplayer play a few
movies in a window wile working with other things - and every time a new
move starts, mplayer moves its window back in the middle after I moved
it to the side, on top of the window I am working in.

> Problem is that there are about as many opinions on what the "correct"
> way is as there are people on this list.

Agreed. But if mplayer did more like most other programs do, I think
more people would think that is more correct.