[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bugzilla (1412) patch for negative WinID under Windows

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 21:19:12 CET 2009

My apologies if this is an inappropriate followup for a Bugzilla
entry, but I'm unsure whether there is a preference to see patch
submissions via this list versus Bugzilla.

I recently opened bug 1412 (and attached a patch) for negative -wid
arguments failing to attach to the specified window under Windows, for
both the gl and direct3d drivers.  This creates sporadic failures when
using mplayer in an embedded mode.

I realize it was only a week ago, so although I'd certainly welcome
feedback on the patch (it's pretty trivial), I'm more interested in
whether the Bugzilla route was an appropriate choice or if it is more
accepted practice to email proposed patches to this list?

Thanks.

-- David