[MPlayer-dev-eng] Latest SVN doesn' compile on MinGW

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Jan 27 00:28:19 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 01:03:59AM +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> The question remains: why it didn't work after svn update, make
> distclean, configure and make? Isn't this combination supposed to
> prepare the tree for as clean compilation as possible or I'm missing
> something?

No, I don't think you are.

> Does it mean that the file is not deleted on make distclean?

Make distclean does delete it. The best idea I have (though it seems
silly, I never could imagine it happen, but some people claim it does)
is that some virus scanner locks the file after the first write (that
writes the multiple inclusion guards) and thus the writes that should
write the remaining contents get lost - after a manual delete things are
cached so the virus scan is fast enough to not cause issues.
I do wonder though why make clean does not delete help_mp.h and several
other generated files, too, is there any kind of concept behind it? ;-)

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger