[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayers h264 dump and playback problem, please help

Eric Lammerts mplayer-deveng at lists.lammerts.org
Sun Feb 15 04:17:03 CET 2009

On 02/14/2009 03:54 PM, Ratin wrote:
> Hi I am trying to dump a h.264 1080i source stream into raw bitstream file,
> the stream plays fine on mplayer over rtsp. However when I dump the video
> stream using -dumpvideo and -umpfile mplayer can't play it back. It looks
> like the bitstream only has one IDR frame (00 00 00 01 65) and no other NALU
> like sps/pps and mplayer complains about not finding them. But the rtsp
> stream version works flawlessly.

The SPS and PPS are contained in the sprop-parameter-sets in the SDP data
(base 64 encoded).

example: a=fmtp:96
packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=4D401E;sprop-parameter-sets=J01AHqkYFAe2ANQYBBrbCte98BA=,KN4JyA==

If you prepend 00 00 00 01 to each of them and prepend to your dump the
video should play (It would be nice if mplayer would do this automatically).

Eric