[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayers h264 dump and playback problem, please help

Ratin ratin3 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 21:54:43 CET 2009

Hi I am trying to dump a h.264 1080i source stream into raw bitstream file,
the stream plays fine on mplayer over rtsp. However when I dump the video
stream using -dumpvideo and -umpfile mplayer can't play it back. It looks
like the bitstream only has one IDR frame (00 00 00 01 65) and no other NALU
like sps/pps and mplayer complains about not finding them. But the rtsp
stream version works flawlessly. If I look at the wireshark trace, I see
that the stream starts with the rtp payload

0x7c 85 88 84 ..very first rtp packet
0x7c05d34f ... 2nd rtp packet

:::::

:::::

0x7c457c1ff         being the last one in the gop (marker bit set)

i think thats an idr frame..

the subsequent frames rtp payloads are:

5c819a20    first RTP paket of 2nd frame (possibly a p frame? )
5c01ff37      2nd RTP packet
:
534172c4  last RTP of 2nd frame and mrkar set

roughly about 35 frames of type 5c81 .. 5c01 .. 5c41 's

then it repeats with

7c858884 etc

etc etc

Anybody have any clue how to interprete these nalu headers in terms of
anex b style bitstream?

why does mplayer only convert the first IDR and not the other ones ?

thnx