[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] play and seek files inside multivolume uncompressed rar files

Emiel Neggers emiel at neggers.net
Tue Dec 8 20:12:02 CET 2009

Hi all,

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 00:15 -0500, compn wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:54:04 +0100, Emiel Neggers wrote:
> >Included is an updated version of the rar patch. It plays video files
> >from uncompressed, multi-volume rar archives with full seek support.
>
> compiles but does not play rar files on windows/mingw
> it could do with some more debug messages if possible.
>
> this is a highly requested feature. there is even a frontend for
> playing rar files wiht mplayer...
>
> thanks for patch!

Thanks for testing. Included is an updated version that works on
windows/mingw, and hopefully also fixes all of the issues that Diego
addressed in his mail from last Sunday.

Specifically:
  * changed license to gpl v2+ (copied from another file in mplayer)
  * 4-space indentation
  * removed commented-out code
  * replaced _UNRAR_H with MPLAYER_UNRAR_H
  * do not use _t namespace for rar_archive
  * replaced naming_scheme = NAMING_OLD/NAMING_NEW with
      new_naming_scheme = 1/0
  * add support for rar archives that run into .s00 and up
  * set O_BINARY flag on open files for compatibility with MinGW/Windows

Please let me know if further changes are needed.

Regards,
Emiel