[MPlayer-dev-eng] Help to start with patch

Sebastian Elsner sebastian at risefx.com
Mon Apr 27 18:44:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

I was having problems with the newest mencoder build and the ovc copy
switch (the mjpeg example from the docs).  mencoder is not generating a
proper index of keyframes (every frame's a keyframe), so i can't seek or
scrub in that avi. I asked on the users list if there is a workaround -
but no chance. due to lack of alternatives, I decided to dedicate some
time to a patch. I have been doing c++ with opengl before and i was hoping
you could give me some advice on where to look in the source files for
this particular problem.

Thanks

Sebastian