[MPlayer-dev-eng] SVN won't compile

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Apr 19 18:46:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 08:01:02AM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

> >> Fedora 11 (rawhide)
> >> CPU Q6600
> >> gcc version 4.4.0 20090409 (Red Hat 4.4.0-0.32) (GCC)

It also breaks on Fedora 11 (rawhide)/gcc 4.4 on 32 bits directly (not
32 bit mode of 64 bits) on mplayer svn from more than a month ago (so
it's nothing new). I think this is gcc 4.4 specific.

> Well I believe this is a gcc error, I went back several versions an
> could not get the code to compile. Even to recreate a version I already
> had. So I'll keep trying this when a new gcc comes out. It appears to be
> an optimization error in gcc from what I can tell. But I could be way
> off base.

Unfortunatley there is no bug at http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/ filed
against 4.4.0 that contains GENERAL_REGS and seems to be related in
any way to this bug. Most probably the register starvation will be a
feature, e.g. gcc 4.4.0 makes better use of the registers and leaves
less for hand-assembly.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net