[MPlayer-dev-eng] SVN won't compile

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:01:02 CEST 2009

On 04/12/2009 04:26 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 03:23:55PM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

>>> My sarcasm seems to have done the trick of making you provide some
>>> information, but it is still far from sufficient.  OS, CPU, compiler
>>> version are a strict minimum.  Also please try to find out which
>>> revision broke compilation for you.
>> Fedora 11 (rawhide)
>> CPU Q6600
>> gcc version 4.4.0 20090409 (Red Hat 4.4.0-0.32) (GCC)
>>
>> I switched to using an external a52 and the problem went away. Since
>> this appears to avoid that code altogether. The point here is, that if I
>> say --disable-3dnow, the 3dnow code should not be being pulled in, or at
>> least it should be ifdef'ed out. So that it doesn't compile.
>
> The external liba52 lacks quite a few optimizations and should be
> slower.
>
> Anyway, the problem must have been introduced by some of my recent work
> on configure.  I would like to know which commit exactly, so that I can
> fix it.  So please
>
> - check if the problem persists with current svn and
> - try to find the exact revision that caused it.
>
> Diego

Well I believe this is a gcc error, I went back several versions an
could not get the code to compile. Even to recreate a version I already
had. So I'll keep trying this when a new gcc comes out. It appears to be
an optimization error in gcc from what I can tell. But I could be way
off base.

I still think the code in imdct.c should respect the HAVE_AMD3DNOW that
is set in config.h, but it seems to want to enable it, no matter how you
have it set.

Kevin

- --
Get my public GnuPG key from