[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fixes/enhancements to vdpau

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tietoenator.com
Mon Apr 13 14:57:26 CEST 2009

On 2009-04-10 at 21:05 +0300 Uoti Urpala wrote:

> > That I could do to have audio sync to video but in this case I want to
> > sync video to the vsync rate so that the movie is in sync with the
> > vsyncs. I see no way I can go into the audio parts of mplayer and try to
> > modify length of audio stream - I have not the time and do not think it
> > would work well.
>
> Why wouldn't it work? I think it would work better than trying to
> estimate the exact clock drift in advance.

Since I got my new tv 3 months ago I have tried many things to make
mplayer work well even in 24hz screen refresh. I have, among other
things, tried modifying speed by calling build_afilter_chain with
modified playback_speed. But that changes the timing to much so that a
few frames will be displayed to quickly.

No, after 3 months, I have code that works very well. I have other
things I need to get working apart from mplayer and want to do other
things than trying to find out how the audio parts work. If you can give
me the code to call from mplayer.c to change audio so that the timing
for next frame only changes a few ms, I can try it, otherwise I would
now like to spend some time viewing movies using mplayer on my tv.

-
I have now fixed so all flickering I had with vdpau when window is
resized, is gone. The only thing I could add still, to vdpau, is
handling of blitting now when it also is synced to vsync. It now works
nearly like overlay, only slightly more inexact display time.