[MPlayer-dev-eng] MNG support for MPlayer

Stefan Schuermans stefan at blinkenarea.org
Thu Sep 25 21:22:44 CEST 2008

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 01:22:20PM +0200, Stefan Schuermans wrote:
>> Stefan Schuermans wrote:
>>> I did that and hope the style of the the doxygen comments is okay.
>> Any comments regarding the patch I sent last week? If there are no
>> further suggestions for improvement please apply it.
>
> Well, there are some minor things I do not really like (sometimes excessive
> comments, that would have the pointer to the whole demuxer in the priv
> struct when the stream would be enough, and I also wonder what happens
> to the alpha channel, does MNG not support it, or just libmng or?),

I'll try to fix the "whole demuxer / just the stream" issue and I would
also like to try to implement the alpha channel (it is supported by MNG
and libmng) although I've not yet used that. Can you point me to the
correct place in the tech docs of MPlayer that describe how to set up
the fields in the video stream header to use the alpha channel, i.e. to
make MPlayer expect RGBA instead of RGB in the demuxer packets?

> but I leave that to you if you have the time and motivation to look into that.
> What IMO is not acceptable though is the configure check: AFAICT it
> tries to execute the binary, which means it will always fail when
> cross-compiling. I think there is no real need for that.

Okay, cross-compiling is a point I did not think of. I understand that
running the binary in this case is very problematic, I'll remove that.

Greetings,
Stefan