[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] towards working shared libav* support, part 2

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Sep 14 12:06:21 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 11:39:47AM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Måns said the inclusion of bswap.h and intreadwrite.h is invalid and should
> be fixed in MPlayer.

They are not part of the FFmpeg API, but that does not make including
them "invalid". What is the point of copying it into osdep except
complicating things? Just delete libavutil and the copy that file again
into a new libavutil directory.

> If you have a suggestion on how to solve it without
> duplicating those files in MPlayer, I'm all ears.

Instead of rm -rf libav* create a script that deletes all files except
these? Not that I see that particularly as our problem, building against
an installed libav* is one thing, that should preferably supported, but
"user randomly deletes files and expects it to compile" is not our
issue.