[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D OSD discussion

Jim Hauxwell james at dattrax.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 18:23:53 CET 2008

> Everything is ok with me as long as we accept at least initial
> implementation, which is coded reasonably good. I want to understand
> what's going on and improve on top of it. I think that it's better to
> have at least the subtitles showing on the screen compared to nothing.
> Later we can always improve Jim's work if it needs to be improved.
>
> So - Jim, you've almost cleared your code. When the patch is accepted,
> I will begin to ask questions how to make everything work good :)

I hope this is OK now.

1)

I've moved back to a memset 0, and used

D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DBLEND_ONE
D3DRS_DESTBLEND, D3DBLEND_INVSRCALPHA

as the source/dest filters

2)

moved to use a triangle strip rather than a fan

3)

took the comments about the setup of the blending, but I think it's
clearer to do this stuff together.  It should have very little cost
(some api overhead) as most drivers will detect when you are trying to
set the same state as the previous value.

4)

Should have all the random spaces removed to match what was cleaned in
svn this afternoon.

5)

the vertex_t casting has been changed, the pointer is now a vertex_t,
but the reason it didn't make any difference is that I now have to cast
to (void *) in two places.

That should be it (I hope)

P.S.  Are you using a tool of some sort to spot tab->space etc
formatting issues in the patch? (or just your eyes)

Jim