[MPlayer-dev-eng] nVidia released CUDA accelrated video decoding

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Nov 14 22:48:05 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 08:54:25PM +0100, Benjamin Zores wrote:
> And for once, they did a pretty good job as they do provide patches
> for ffmpeg/mplayer
> to add support to their new technology.

Too bad they based it (probably) on vo_xvmc which makes it a horribly
bloated monster and quadruplicates the code (I think at least 70 lines are
identically duplicated in vo_x11, vo_xv and vo_xvmc and possibly
x11_common.c, too, of course all with minor differences and their wholly
own set of bugs).