[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct 3D Windows VO

Olivier Chalouhi olivier at vuze.com
Tue Nov 11 18:46:22 CET 2008

we ran an opengl "test" on our user base, and about 40% of our users
don't have an advanced enough opengl driver to playback videos.
For some reasons, some default windows drivers have proper directx /
direct3d support but not opengl, even though the card should be able
to handle it.

That's why we can't go with openGL (asking our users to update their
video card drivers is not an option for us).

Olivier.