[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct 3D Windows VO

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Nov 11 18:42:23 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 09:31:17AM -0800, Olivier Chalouhi wrote:
> Are there any plans for developing a direct 3d (vs directx) vo for
> windows.

No (yes, once in a while someone states they will do it, so far nobody
has, and honestly I don't think anyone ever will).

> The current directx vo on Vista forces the compatibility mode and
> disables aero, which results in a degraded user experience. Moreover
> the current directx implementation will only work with the primary
> display.

Just use -vo gl:yuv=2:force-pbo:ati-hack
and if you have an ATI card make sure you use the 8.8 driver (sorry, all
others are just too broken - 8.8 is quite broken too, but it happens to
work for MPlayer).
I admit you will not have any fun with SIS/S3 or any card without OpenGL
support, but probably movies won't play very well on these anyway...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger