[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct 3D Windows VO

Olivier Chalouhi olivier at vuze.com
Tue Nov 11 18:31:17 CET 2008

Are there any plans for developing a direct 3d (vs directx) vo for
windows.
The current directx vo on Vista forces the compatibility mode and
disables aero, which results in a degraded user experience. Moreover
the current directx implementation will only work with the primary
display.

If anyone would have the capabilities of doing it (VLC has one, so it
may be possible to base the mplayer's one on the implementation from
VLC), please contact me back, as my company would be willing to pay
for this development.

Best,

Olivier Chalouhi.